Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Boys Birthdays!!!

Maika's Birthday: Aug 14, 2006

Wow, I can't believe this boy is 6 and ready to head off into 1st grade. Cliff took the day off and we had eggs, sausage, toast and shakes in the morning for breakfast, requested from Maika. Mid-morning, he opened his gift from Grandma Bandmann and was so excited about his new slippers.


According to him "I have the coolest slippers." Kalena didn't like him saying that so much and told on him (that is a girl for you).

Then we surprised Maika by taking a little drive into American Fork Canyon and having a Little Ceasar's pizza picnic. We found a perfect spot to let the kids play a bit in the river and get wet. It was VERY COLD water, but it felt so grand on my oh so swollen feet.

Then we had cake and ice cream. And this cake, I must say turned out pretty darn good for a dad making it. Maika wanted a Thor cake and that is what he got...well at least the hammer. Maika LOVED his cake and once again, A HUGE THANKS to Dad for making it easier this time around.





Tula'i's birthday was a little bit more work for me. He didn't want dad to decorate his Hulk Cake and so I stayed up Sunday night to complete that task. I think it turned out pretty good for a late nighter.
He absolutely loved his gifts that Grandma Bandmann gave him. In fact, Lavea'i has told me that he wants a new pair of slippers now. 
        
I went early to get Tula'i's gift from the store because he said he wanted a light saber just like Maika's. Well, the night before his birthday, he changed his mind to wanting Hulk hands. So, Cliff had to run to the store and exchange the gift last minute. 
For breakfast, we woke the kids early and went to IHop. They didn't eat much at all like they usually do. When we came home, we let them watch a movie while we rested a little bit and let Leilani take a nap. Then Tula'i wanted to go to Trafalga and play some miniature golf and ride on the bumper boats. The bumper boats were last but needed because I was sweating just walking around in Trafalga. Boy, did we all get wet. I actually lost my balance trying to get Lavea'i out of the boat and then myself and fell in the water. That is what happens when you are 7 months pregnant, I guess. It felt really good though. The kids were laughing. We came home and had dinner later and then had his cake and opened let him open his gift. 

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...