Sunday, October 22, 2017

Simple act of gratitude

When the opportunity arises, we're able to take our kids out individually on what they still call "Dates". I'm glad they still ask during Family Council or Family Home Evening "Dad/Mom, when is it my turn to go on a date?". I'm grateful that they still think Mom and Dad are cool people to hang out with!

The latest date I had was with Lavea'i. I took him to the driving range, then we played some miniature golf at a range just down the road from our house http://www.sunsetminigolf.com/home/

We both had a lot of fun, this kid loves just about anything that will get him out of the house. When we returned home we went straight enjoying the wonderful talks prepare on General Conference.

By Monday morning we were back in full swing of our normal schedule, by 8:15am all the kids were off to school. I walk into my office and this was the first thing I saw on my whiteboard


To Lavea'i, it was a simple message on my whiteboard but me it was the highlight of my day! First, it made me grateful for a child that is able to express his gratitude and second, it made Maile and I think that we should never stop spending individual time with each of our children. 

Although simple, it made me want to be a better Father and Priesthood holder for my children...thanks Lavea'i.

Dad

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...