Friday, June 7, 2019

Trip Back West Part 1

We skipped out on the last 2 days of school again this year to head back west. Our first destination was Colorado for a week and then we met Cliff in Utah for the following week while Kalena went to EFY (Especially for Youth). Originally, it was supposed to be just myself flying out there with Kalena, but I knew that I couldn't go to Colorado to visit Nezhone and her kids without taking my children. I flew out with the kids on May 31 at 7:30pm putting us in Utah at 1:00am. Doug Eastman came and picked us up from the airport and we crashed at their house for the rest of the night. It was nice to be able to walk around the corner to pick up the van. Before we took off to Colorado, we went to say hi to Cliff's parents, Jethro, Traci and the kids.

Our first meal in Utah, IN-n-OUT burgers! That was our first brunch on the long drive out to Colorado. The 6 hour drive wasn't as bad as I remember. I guess when I haven't driven it for a long time, it isn't so bad. I also had a book, "A Torch Against the Night," that I was listening to on tape as well (which I finally finished on the drive back into Utah).

We ended up staying at the Pfifer's home for the whole duration. It was fun! The kids played lots of games outside; tag, ninja, ghost in the graveyard, etc. I think they got hot and sweaty every day with a bunch of dirt stuck in their socks and shoes. Nezhone and I played blitz a couple of times and I finally beat her fair and square! That is a HUGE WIN! We also played a lot of Code Names with Mom and Shara, as well, after dinner almost every night. Nezhone made these awesome peanut butter cookies with chocolate that you push into the middle as soon as they come out of the oven. They were so soft and the chocolate was perfectly melted.

We took the kids swimming and like always we ended up playing freeze tag. The pool is so small that we always end up running into littler kids or adults and they throw us a scowl.  I only got a few pictures of some of the kids before heading into the pool. They closed down the indoor pool and turned it into a big turf field that kids can run around on with a few blow up, bounce houses and slide.




But, memories were made and the kids had fun playing with their cousins once again. When it was time to drive back to Utah, the kids didn't want to leave. It may have been because they had to do something other than play Xbox or watch TV. That was the rule this time around. I did allow Xbox one day and a fight broke out. It was worthy of its own blog, "Bee or Wasp?" After that fight, there wasn't anymore video game playing allowed.

I was able to play basketball with Nezhone one night at the church. She ended up not feeling well again like she was going to pass out. We were leaving the next morning, so I didn't mind leaving at all. It was fun to play with her again! After a year of not really playing, I didn't do so bad. It warmed me up for Utah and the ladies.

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...