There is so much to say, but I will keep it as short as possible with the funny things that happened.
We built up Disneyland so much, that ALL the kids were excited to go. Kalena was eager to see all the princesses most of all. We arrived in the late afternoon on Sunday and so all we did was check in and eat dinner. We stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel which had the view of California Adventure park, so Kalena thought that was it to Disneyland and got all excited to go and play.
Monday, we went to California Adventure park...no princesses yet! But, about half way through the day, Kalena says, "We aren't at Disneyland. I want to go to Disneyland." Cliff and I just chuckled because we thought she wanted to just see the princesses. Little did we know that this wasn't the case. We didn't find out until our last day that to her, Disneyland was the portion of California Adventure that we could see from our window. Then she was satisfied that we had finally been to Disneyland.
Lela didn't have much fun the first day. We tried to get her to go off on her own and catch some adult rides, but she wouldn't. She learned quickly! The next day, after going with Cliff on a couple of rides before we took all the kids down, she decided she was going to go on the rides she wanted to ride on instead of hanging out with the kids. She ended up having more fun and getting all the fun rides in that Cliff and I would have liked to go on.
The second day we were there, I took Kalena and waited in line at Pixie Hollow to see Tinkerbell. After waiting an hour for a 2 minute visit with her, I decided that I wasn't going to wait in line for an hour to see each princess. A lady that was standing in line told me about Ariel's Grotto where we could eat dinner and have 4 of the princesses come to our table to visit and take pictures. So, reservations were made for the last day of our trip. It was expensive, but worth it. The food was FANTASTIC!
The boys could have cared less what we did. Dad got them swords the first night and that was all it took for them to be entertained. They continued to be Jedi's from that night on. I also got them basketballs the last day. As long as Tula'i had food in his mouth, he was good.
By the last day all the kids were tired and so were Mom and Dad. I had told Lela I would go out with her that night even though I didn't want to do it. I thanked her after because we had a lot of fun. We went on Space Mtn. and Indiana Jones a couple of times each and Buzz Lightyear once. It was a blast!!!! Indiana Jones is like you are 4 wheeling through a cave going on an adventure...pretty bumpy and fun.
We also had to spend time in the pool at the hotel. It was so nice to get into the water to end the day. We put life jackets on them and Kalena kept telling us "I'm doing it wiff myself!" She loves the water and kept trying to go to the deep end of the pool. Maika wanted to go on his own, but kept gagging on the water...poor boy couldn't keep his mouth out of the water.
Of course, it was a BLAST to go on a vacation with the family! BUT, it is always nice to come back home.



4 comments:
Amazing that you were able to take your entire family to Disneyland.
I'm glad you had a good time.
We've thought about taking our kids...but decided to wait a few years...or several years. Maybe when they're 52 inches or however high you have to be to go on good rides...because those are the ones they think they want to go on.
WHAT?!?!?!? You came to Cali? I would have LOVED to see your cute family. If you ever come again...you are welcome to stay with us!
Loved the pictures!! I can't wait to be able to take Ana, for sure next year!!
Disneyland is the best place on earth! I love it. Next time you go, you can get fast passes for the adult rides, then when you get up to the front of the ride, ask them for a babysitter pass. After one parent gets off, the next one can go on. They are good for up to 2 people. Just a little tip. We just got back from DLand on Sunday and that trick worked fabulous for us.
Post a Comment