Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Just a Little Bit of Baking

Happy Halloween!

Cake mixes were on sale at a grocery store here for $.79 a piece. I ended up buying 12 for our family or maybe even a little more. But, while I was getting some mixes a lady was waiting for an employee to come and get some spice cake mixes down for pumpkin cookies. Tonite, I finally tried them. They are delicious!

2 spice cake mixes
2/3 cup oil
6 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 big can of Libby's pumpkin
2 bags of milk chocolate chips

mix all ingredients together and bake at 375 F for 10 minutes.


DON'T EAT TOO MANY!!!

My sister, Cajsa, follows a blog titled Conversations with a Cupcake. In it there are lots of recipes posted. Well, Cajsa told me to try the soft pretzels because they were so yummy and easy. I finally did one night when I made stew for dinner. They WERE really YUMMY! and oooooh, so easy to make! I have made them twice in the last week because of it. So, here is the recipe and some pictures or just head to the blog and you will have access too for the many different recipes that you would like.

Soft Pretzels:
1 1/2 cups very warm water
1 Tbsp yeast
1/4 cup sugar
3-4 cups flour
10 cups water
4 Tbsp baking soda
1 egg white
1/4 cup Kosher salt

Preheat oven to 475 F. Mix water, yeast, and sugar and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Add three cups of flour and knead. A little at a time, add up to one more cup of flour until dough is soft, but NOT sticky. Then, take pieces of dough and roll into about 12" pieces or longer and shape into a pretzel. Set aside on lightly floured counter top until all the dough has been shaped. In a big pot, mix 10 cups water and baking soda and bring to a rolling boil. Boil each pretzel for 10 seconds on both sides. Remove and put on greased cookie sheet. Brush egg white on top of pretzels and sprinkle salt on top. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.



1 comments:

Nelson & Valerie Cluff said...

yikes those look super delicicous, I just want to reach on the pic and grab one....:)

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...