I can't believe how fast time goes by with the kids growing up. Kalena turned 6 on January 28th and how excited she is to be that old. I kept asking her what she wanted to do for her birthday and she could never settle on one thing until a couple of nights before. She decided she wanted a snowflake cake and pizza for dinner (bring on the Little Ceasars). She also wanted a couple of her friends from school to come over along with her 2 cousins, Ana and Gracie, who stayed the night.
From the time she got up in the morning, she woke me up, she kept wanting everyone to tell her happy birthday. With the kids in their jammies, we went to "I-Hoppers" for breakfast and she made sure that the waitress knew the purpose for our eating out.
She was the superstar (notice in the picture below the star sticker on her shirt) for the week at school and so she got to take treats for her class. She chose fruit snacks...not to junky and easy to stuff in her back pack. While she was at school she made sure to let Cliff and I know our responsibility was to make homemade paper snowflakes so we could decorate the house. We even went beyond that and blew up some leftover red, pink and white balloons. They were simple decorations, but it sure did make her day. She still has snowflakes hanging up in her room and one in her window.
I didn't make a cake for her, just cupcakes which was much easier to clean up and decorate. Anyway, she loved it and had a FABULOUS day!


After cupcakes and ice cream, we did some face painting with the girls. I can't believe how tall Kalena is compared to everyone else.

I was trying to get a shot of Kalena with all her gifts, but Maika decided to keep stepping in front of the camera and on this particular shot do some self defense pose.


1 comments:
Hi Maile! I love your recent posts! The one about the TV, Cliff and the kids is so cute. It's funny how kids really do show respect/remorse right after being reminded of their limits and who is the boss in the house. Snuggle time is always good after tense moments.
I LOVE that you took the boys out to play and really played with them. It's so easy to get caught up with chores or trying to squeeze in some work while "playing" but to actually play with them is the world to them. This is such a good reminder to take time to really spend quality time with our kids. They grow so fast (as you see with your 6 year old) and these times are sooo very important. These days will be gone and so will the opportunities if we don't grab on to them while we can. Thanks for the little reminder. :)
I need your mailing address. You can email me at nolongerjak@gmail.com
Miss you!
Post a Comment