Cliff had to leave again for Samoa. He went for his grandmother's funeral. This is the most time he has spent away from us ever. Within the last two months, the first month of his new job, he had to be in California 3 times. The last time he left for California, he was gone for almost a week. This time he is gone for at least a week and that is if he makes all the flights...welcome to standby (the only way we could afford for him to go down).
So, what have we done without him...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING the first couple of days. Finally, by Friday, I had it with the mess in the house and had the kids clean up their toys so I could vacuum. I also cleaned up the kitchen. We ordered pizza that night and watched a couple of movies. Yesterday, I gave the boys haircuts and they look so much better. Of course, I go to use the clippers and they won't work. So I tried to just trim Lavea'i's with scissors on the bottom, but it didn't look so nice. I finally broke down and thought of one of my neighbors who I know would have a set instead of paying the price for a boys haircut. She saved the morning and let me use them.
After the haircuts, we went out to eat at Winger's. People probably think I am crazy to take all the kids by myself, but they were really well behaved. It is probably the cleanest we have ever left the table. The kids at almost all of their food, maybe because I starved them until 2:30p.m. Right after that, we were going to catch the movie "Tangled." SOLD OUT, so onto option 2, "Megamind." The kids liked it and it kept them awake. I was ready to fall asleep, but then went and got some treats for the kids and that woke me up. By the time we got home, I sat down and realized how exhausted I was from not getting much sleep the previous night. Sleeping on the couch...NOT COMFORTABLE!
This morning, I woke up with Tula'i and we have been hanging out. He has told me about 20 times already that he loves me. He is always the one to take time to say it no matter what is going on at the moment. We ate pancakes together and now I am just waiting for the other kids to wake up. I am feeling tired again and ready to go back to bed. These sleepless nights are beginning to get me. We'll see how church goes today, I hope not too bad.
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
1 comments:
Hang in there Maile. I can't imagine how tired you must be with a full house and full belly. How exciting to be having a little girl again. I think she will be perfect for you family, you're a baby making machine! :) I'm so happy for you and pray that Cliff comes home soon. Big hugs, thinking about you.
Love, Janelle
Post a Comment