I have had Tula'i in a study through our pediatricians office about BMI on kids ages 2-8 years old. Their BMI had to be in the 85-97% in order to be involved. Tula'i's was just above the 85% and so I have met with the doctor to discuss habits that need to change in order for his BMI to go down. At first I did it just because they wouldn't stop calling me and for the gift cards, but as we have gone through the study and consciously changed eating habits and TV time, he definitely has slimmed down. They say that children with a large BMI are more prone to being diabetic when they are older along with other health issues. So, what does this have to do with their snack time....well this is what it looks like instead of opening a package of fruit snacks (I never buy them anymore) or eating chips to save time. Tula'i LOVES fruit and would sit and help me eat a whole pineapple or cantaloupe in one sitting. Him eating 75% of it. Anyway, now they love to eat pears, apples and lots of other better snacks than the junk full of nothing but sugar.
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
1 comments:
Awesome. My kids love fruit, too. What other helps did they give you?
Post a Comment