I have enjoyed watching the girls tennis team this year once again. Kalena is actually playing in a match tomorrow with Tasha and I hope they work hard to win this one. Haley and Nicole are sitting this one out and leaving it up to the rest of the team to take home section champs. Kalena is starting to actually enjoy the sport now and didn't want to leave practice the other day. I always try to get her to hang out with her tennis team, but refuses. I have told her that she needs to socialize a little more, but refuses to do that as well. I push and she pushes back.
I have at least been able to get her out on the court with me a couple of times to just hit and feed me balls. We end up playing and she has fun! I loved it just yesterday between conference sessions that we were hitting with each other and having fun together. She is so chill and fun to be with.
Anyway, her team this year has grown and I hope that she does even better next year. I am trying to determine wether or not we should just get a membership to the Glen Creek Club for the year. I will have to look further into it though.
Her team Left to Right: Top row: Coach Brian, Nicole, Ava, Jess, Haley, Kalena, Ariella. Coach Dawn, Bottom row: Larissa, Layla, Aly, Tasha, Monroe

It is fun to cheer all of these girls on and be able to talk with them. Coach Dawn actually had me go and practice with them for the last half hour one day and it was quite fun. Kalena and I were partners in a couple of the drills and did ok.
Tasha's mom came and talked to me on Blue and White practice day to celebrate the seniors. She told me that Tasha tells her that "Why can't you be like Kalena's mom? She is learning how to play tennis." I just responded to her that it isn't too difficult when I don't have a job outside of the home. Tasha's mom then said, "I don't work either. I just am teaching my 8 year old son for school all day and that is exhausting." I replied back, "That is a job in itself." The she proceeded to tell me that Tasha has also told her that "Kalena's mom comes to all of the away games." She replied, "You aren't an only child Tasha, I have 3 children that I am trying to take care of." She said that Tasha responded to her by saying, "Well, do you want to know how many siblings Kalena has?" She told her mom we had 6 kids and her mom just said, "Of course she does!" I just chuckled and we both laughed about it all. I love being there to support not only Kalena, but all of the girls whose parents can't make it. They are a good group of girls.
0 comments:
Post a Comment