Sunday, October 4, 2020

Tunoa Olaus Turns 8

Happy birthday buddy! He was so excited for his birthday to happen. He has always been excited for his day ever since he was a one year old. Tunoa has always understood what his birthday was all about. I will never forget when he was turned one and Kimo was there for training and celebrated with us. We put him in his high chair and oh the joy and excitement that was on his face. Kimo was blown away by how he understood to blow out his candle. The only one that was ever able to comprehend at that age. 

Since his birth, he has been a firecracker! He has so much energy that could keep going for eternity. He does fall asleep quickly at night because he is constantly moving during the day. He is getting better, but still has to move around at the dinner table whenever he is eating. He constantly is fidgeting when he reads. He doesn't like to be given any tasks because he just gets frustrated and is easily sidetracked that we have to tell him 10 times what to do. He LOVES to eat junk...starbursts, chocolate, almost any candy. He isn't fond of ice cream and cake put together. He will eat them when they are separate bowls. He is a kid that likes to have fun and not sit for too long of a period of time. Cliff has named him his "warmer-upper." He produces so much body heat. 

Anyway, the morning of his birthday, he ran into our room as soon as he woke up and asked if he could open the present that grandma had sent him. I couldn't hold him off and he ran down the stairs so ecstatic and in a flash was back up in our room trying to rip it open. Grandma Bandmann tapes her packages up so well that they are always hard to open. He sat on our bed getting the filling from the package all over it. Finally, Cliff opened it with scissors in our bathroom. Mom had sent him a view finder and a "gr8t to be 8" dog tag necklace for his baptism that is happening this coming weekend.

He played Xbox for 3 hours, did his homework, and then played the rest of the day. Tunoa asked to have chocolate chicken for dinner (really homemade Bbq chicken). Then he requested a captain America shield cake with a Captain America figure on it. He loved it so much that he didn't want to put the candle on it. I also allowed him to have it be his very own cake. I had to go and buy 6" round pans for it, but now this is the request of everyone on their birthdays. I have started something that I don't know if I can keep it up.

He played Xbox for 3 hours, did his homework, and then played the rest of the day. Tunoa asked to have chocolate chicken for dinner (really homemade Bbq chicken). Then he requested a captain America shield cake with a Captain America figure on it. He loved it so much that he didn't want to put the candle on it. I also allowed him to have it be his very own cake. I had to go and buy 6" round pans for it, but now this is the request of everyone on their birthdays. I have started something that I don't know if I can keep it up.

He loved also that he had his own cake to eat for the next 3 to 4 days by himself. He also got his money and has finally spent it all on starbursts, popsicles, chocolate bar, and who knows what else. He was so happy to buy all this junk food for himself though. 

I absolutely love this kid of mine and love that he is still small enough to hold in my arms on the couch. He is 43" tall and only weighs 57lbs. What a tiny lad! He knows how to push my buttons, but also how to melt my heart right away. Life would not be the same without him!

One more thing...BECAUSE he is 8 years old, he doesn't have to have a booster seat anymore. I never thought that day would come that we wouldn't have to have one of them in my car. This has been through 4 children. Tula'i was the very first one to use it. Now, 5 years later it was not hard to say goodbye! In the garbage it went.


0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...