Monday, May 25, 2009

10K Memorial Day Race

I have to keep entering races for 2 main reasons:

1. It makes me keep up on my running.
2. It is ADDICTING and SATISFYING to finish the race.

This race kicked my butt. The last mile was the hardest one to finish off. Most of the race had a steady incline, so that was hard enough. But, add the wind to that especially the last mile. It was harder than running my 1/2 marathon relay in the snow.

It was nice to have Cliff and the kids waiting at the finish line this time. Thanks Babe for getting the kids ready and coming! He didn't see me coming because he thought I was wearing something else. My time was 56 min. and 5 sec. It averaged 9:04 minute mile. My next race, I think, will be the Provo Canyon 1/2 Marathon. I just need to get signed up for it.

Thanks Andrea for running with me and letting me beat you this time! Have fun running with Kimo in the July 24th run.

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...