I got the best recipe for breadsticks from my friend Valerie and made them the other day for dinner. She got the recipe from her sister-in-law, I think. Who got it from the Lionhouse cookbook. So here is the recipe:
Lion House Dinner Roll Recipe (what I use for breadsticks too)
2 Cups of warm water (100 to 115 degrees)
2/3 cup of nonfat dry milk (instant or non-instant)
2 TBS dry yeast (SAF's brand the best)
1/4 cup of sugar
2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of butter (real butter)
1 egg
5 to 5 1/2 cups of bread flour
Directions: Combine water and milk powder, stir unti milk dissolves. Add yeast, sugar, salt, butter, egg, and 2 cups of flour. Mix on low until ingredients moistened, then mix on medium for 2 minutes. Add 2 more cups of flour, mix on low until wet, then mix on medium for 2 minutes. Add about 1/2 cup flour at at time in mixer or by hand until dough is soft, not overly sticky, and not stiff. ( I usually use a total of 5 1/4 cups). Scrape dough out and place in bowl with tiny bit of veg. oil) Roll the dough around in oil and cover in bowl until doubled. Roll out into desired breadstick shape...bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Top with butter and seasonings.
Garlic Bread Seasoning
1/2 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
2 tsp kosher salt
2 TBSP garlic powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
2 tsp marjoram
2 tsp parsley
Mix all together. ( I keep a large jar made of it for future use) Mix desired amount with melted butter and put on breadsticks. :) Yummmy!
Here is a picture of them in the oven.
Now, I have a pancake recipe too. I can't claim this as my own either (thanks Cajsa), but it is the easiest pancake recipe to remember and so yummy too! This is how I make pancakes now and forever.
1 box of jiffy muffin mix
1 c. white or wheat flour (but I like wheat)
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 eggs
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
milk
Mix all dry ingredients together. After stirring, add eggs and oil. Then add milk for desired pancake batter consistency.
Kalena trying to get part of an eggshell that happened to get into the mix when she cracked the egg.
Tula'i stirring the batter...more like getting it all over the outside of the bowl.
Maika putting the flower into the measuring cup.
Picture of all my not so BIG helpers!
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment