Friday, July 31, 2009

Camp Trip to Washington


Our Campsite! At least a little bit of it. The river was right behind us and it was more like a lake because it was so gigantic. We went swimming in it every day and the poor kids were so tired and worn out by the end of the night.


Traci & Penina


The men of the camp...Cliff, Charlie, Jethro, Bing


Myself & Lavea'i


Lavea'i LOVES to be tossed into the air. If he is crying, this is one easy way to get him to quit.


The gang...minus Cajsa and John who came out every night and played with us for a little bit.


Charlie & Jethro just hanging out talking some story.


Lani & Leiema (I hope I spelled that right), her youngest child.


Suzie (Lani's child) and Logan (Lori's child)...the noodles were never used for swimming. As you can see they were used for play fighting.


Kalena...what a beautiful sunset!


Lori & Mataio (spelling), her youngest child.


Jethro & Penina


Lavea'i chillin in a camp chair while I ate my dinner.


Shalyn & Suzie...cousins


Nyah & Maika...cousins


Tula'i


Maika


Shalyn, Suzie, Logan & Isreal. The kids were always playing on the tube back at camp.


Cliff, Myself & Lavea'i hanging out after eating dinner.

The kids loved hanging out with each other and didn't want to leave camp. They all played with each other very well. Kalena still talks about it and says we need to go camping again.

The first night we got there, Cliff made dinner while I got all the sleeping bags and blankets in the tents. We had BBQ chicken, rice and salad (thanks to Cajsa). It was such yummy food. After we ate, we all just hung out while the kids played around. When time came, the smores were busted out and Kalena went to town on them. She LOVES marshmallows and chocolate! Then to bed for the kids and the adults stayed up talking about politics, which could have gotten out of hand. But, leave it to the guys to keep in light and funny so nobody got upset.

Day two was filled with the guys leaving to go shopping for dinner and breakfast the next day. While they did that, all us women stayed and took the kids swimming. Maika learned how to be on his own with a life jacket. HUGE accomplishment for him!!! Now, we have to work on Tula'i liking the water and even wanting to get into it. But, I was the first one to leave with the my kids and the rest of them stayed out another couple hours. I am glad I took my kids back because they all went down for a nap and slept for a long time. It was nice because I even got a little nap. Cajsa and her family joined us again that night for dinner and this time they brought a bunch of drinks for us. After dinner, we hung out again after we put the kids to bed.

Friday, was another eventful day of swimming. Before the swimming though, Cliff and I took the kids back to Cajsa's for a little break. Cliff took a shower and got some clean clothes because we decided to stay an extra night. We also had to go and get stuff for cocoa rice the next morning for breakfast. We didn't get back to camp until 3 or 4 p.m. We had taken Nyah and Israel back to camp with us since they wanted to go swimming with all of the kids. Cajsa and John came out later once again, but by the time they had come I was down with the kids and everyone else swimming and Cliff was being able to relax with the Tula'i who had fallen asleep on the way back to camp. When Cajsa got to the river to swim all the kids had to fend for themselves because it was time for the adults to play. We played king of the tube and Cajsa was the champ. Then we had relay races against the guys and got beat each time. I think it was because Cajsa and I kept trying to grab the guys so that they wouldn't win, but I guess cheating didn't help in this case. I was so tired that night I ended up in bed early while the guys went fishing and the other ladies stayed up talking.

It was a BLAST! I wasn't so sure about camping in the hot weather and kept telling Cliff that I didn't really want to go. All in all, it was too fun that we want to make it an anual camping trip.

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...