Christmas was very easy this year...the way it should be every year, at least I think so. We went to spend Christmas Eve with my sister-in-law, Andrea, and her kids while Kimo is deployed. She made some yummy finger foods for everyone to eat. I think I ate the most out of everyone there and still could have kept going. After we ate, Andrea had wrapped some gifts to play a game with the kids. The game is played by wrapping the gifts with a bunch of tape so they are hard to open, a pair of dice, and some winter gloves. The person who rolls doubles puts the gloves on and begins to open the present until someone else rolls doubles and takes the gloves from that person and continues to open the gift. Once the gift is opened by someone, they get to keep it and the game is done. Then you continue on to the next gift. We actually had to tape them up more with duct tape to make it harder for us adults who were playing. The last few gifts, the adults ended up just rolling the dice and then your child was able to put the gloves on if you were the one to roll the doubles. Made the game go much faster.
Andrea's sister, Kim, brought some sugar cookies for the kids to decorate so they could leave them out for Santa. Before the kids began to decorate cookies she told us that Santa didn't need cookies because he already has a big tummy. But once the decorating began, we had to tell her not to decorate too many of them. She was the only one with decorated cookies on Santa's plate. Maika and Tula'i just ate all of their cookies. We put the cookies on a plate that my mom bought just for Santa cookies. Lets just say Santa threw a couple of them in the garbage and took a couple of bites out of the one of the other ones that were left. Santa such a good Santa for even taking bites of the really sweet cookies.
It was rough getting the kids to bed that night, especially Kalena. She is starting to get really excited and wanted to stay up and see Santa come to the house. I had to keep telling her that he only comes when they are sleeping. It didn't fail this time, she asked the question "Why, Mom?" My answer to that was he wants it to be a surprise.
After getting them to bed, Kalena woke up because she was having problems with her UTI, so she couldn't really sleep. Santa finished helping Mrs. Clause wrap the gifts while I laid in bed with her to help her fall back to sleep.
Christmas morning wasn't as early as I thought it was going to be. Kalena ended up waking up, since she was in our bed, and proceeded to tell me "Mom, Santa didn't come." I asked her how she knew and if she had even gone to go and check to see if she was right. She came back into the bedroom running and said, "Mom, you were right. He did come!" She always lets me know if I am right about something. So, I had her go wake up the boys and Dad. We let Lavea'i sleep until he actually woke up himself. I didn't want a cranky baby on my hands. We said family prayer and then let the kids go to town on all of their gifts.
This year their favorite gifts were:
Kalena: toss up between her twistable crayons and "Barbie and the Diamond Castle"
Maika: nerf gun
Tula'i: shake and go Lightening McQueen car
Lavea'i: didn't care cause who cares when you are only 1
Cliff and Myself: the iMac
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago



1 comments:
That game sounds so fun. I've never heard of it. You're kids are seriously so beautiful!
Post a Comment