Sunday, March 7, 2010

Project #2, still working on it!

I am still working on project #2. That was the dresser turned to entertainment stand. It was taking FOREVER to sand the dresser. When I got to the drawers and began sanding, I got frustrated and just put it down. I told Cliff that I needed something else to take off the so called paint. I just happened to call my sister, Cajsa, and she told me to try the "citrus strip" gel. Not only does it smell good, but it works wonders. I tried some paint stripper on the dresser and it didn't work as well. In fact, I think it made a huge mess. I had to wait at least 30 minutes for the gel to work so, in the mean time I decided to come and paint the wall I have wanted to paint in our living room. I ended up staying up here and painting the whole wall and then went back to strip the paint after dinner. So, the gel had plenty of time to sit and do its thing and it came off like a charm. I was down in the basement for a few short minutes. Thank you, Cajsa and Citrus Strip.

So, project #3...DONE!

I don't know if you can really tell the difference in color. But, it is a light green called "rye grass." I wasn't so sure about the color until I got it completely done and the decor hung back on the wall.



Project #5...DONE! (this one wasn't on my list either)

Recovering my kitchen chairs, from blue to a more neutral color. They were covered with disgusting food debris from all the kids that when people came over for a Relief Society activity at my house, I had to use dish towels to cover them so people could sit.

1 comments:

Vicki said...

Maile you are motivating me! I have so many projects like this that I need to finish. I just got so sick of them that I stopped about half way through and that was 10 months ago. I love your pictures. It's inspiring. And Cajsa thanks for the info on the citrus strip. I'm going to need that.

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...