Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Surf, Sun, Sandy Beaches...



Well, we don't quite have the sandy beaches or are able to surf in the ocean, but we definitely have the sun. AND, we can act like we are surfing down the slip 'n' slide! It is quite the fun time just to watch the kids run half way down the slip 'n' slide and then decide to slide. Or for Tula'i is was, slide a little get up and slide again repeating this pattern until the end of the slide was reached. At the end they would all like to stay in the puddle of water that had accumulated. They all LOVE to play in the water and I can't imagine a little kid not liking it. But, we had a fun filled week of water last week. One of our friends bought a big pool and we went over on Monday. Tuesday we stayed home and did the slip 'n' slide and filled our little pool. Wendnesday, I went with a friend and her two girls up to a splash park. Thursday, I made the kids stay inside and chill that day so I could clean and get the laundry done. But, back to the water on Saturday! Oh what fun water can be and if I didn't have things to do while I was at home, I would be slippin' and slidin' right along side of them.



Maika would keep stepping on the holes to make the water shoot up higher on the rest of the slide. It would make Kalena mad, but oh well. He was having tons of fun.





Tula'i was in the water the most this day. I don't think he took a single break to dry off at any point in time until I shut the water off.







Their cousin Anatoniga was over for the day and about an hour later our other friends came over, but I was done with the camera by then.



Here is a short video of the kids playing around on them. Just a few things to notice are: Tula'i butting in front of everyone, Tula'i's white plumber's crack, and at the end of the video Tula'i and Maika are racing and Kalena announces the winner of the race...Maika's reaction is so funny I wish I would have gotten the video from the front.

1 comments:

Janelle Anderson said...

I love seeing your family! Looks like it's crazy and fun for sure. Makes me think of the good 'ol days in Montrose eating your mom out of house and home. :) I love the train too.

So sorry to hear about Cliff but so glad things have turned out of the better. I miss you and think of you often.

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...