Wednesday, August 11, 2010

School Shopping & a little fun!

I haven't blogged because I am getting caught up from our trip to Denver. My mom was here watching my brothers kids and I talked her into driving back with me to Denver instead of flying. I was only planning on staying a few days, but it turned into over a week. The kids didn't want to come home, or was it me that didn't want to come home? I was enjoying the time with my Mom and sisters. I think the pictures say it all.

Not only did, I have lots of fun, BUT so did my kids. Shara had Thursday night off, so we took all the kids and watched Despicable Me. It was really funny and kept the kids entertained for the whole time. Thanks to Shara, we also got to see Ramona and Beezus and The A-Team. They were all pretty darn good movies. I would recommend them to anyone.

One of the first things we did was take them to a water park for little kids. It is kind of like the Lehi Legacy Center pool, but all outdoors. I forgot my camera this trip (thank goodness for my iphone!!!) and so I didn't get any pictures of the kids in the water. They had a couple of little kids water slides. Kalena wanted to go down, but didn't want to go by herself and Maika wouldn't dare risk it. Without any hesitation, Kalena went on it as soon as Aunty Nezhone told her she would give her a dollar. Maika was also bribed a few minutes later with an ice cream cone and a dollar. Aunty Shara was also fun because she took all the older kids down the BIG slide. Jakai didn't like sharing his Aunty Shara too much. He loves her dearly. Lavea'i absolutely loved being sprayed in the face with water and kept trying to put his face in the water and come back up quickly...he is one I will have to watch in the future. Maika kept running off and heading back to the water when we were trying to get ready to leave.

The park also had an area that had sand in it with some water and all the kids played in it for a bit before heading off for the rest of the day.



The weekend was filled with shopping for school clothes for Kalena. I spent $129 on 7 pairs or jeans (nice ones), about 20 shirts, a couple of sweaters and 6 dresses (one which still had the tag on it). Needless to say, within that purchase I also got for myself a blouse, a dress, 2 really cute skirts, a pair of capris and a pair of shoes. Oh yeah, and a toy for Lavea'i, a toy for Kalena, and a bag of play cars for the Maika and Tula'i for staying home with Grandma. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE their ARC secondhand store down there. Gotta love a bargain.

Since I decided to stay longer I had the BRILLIANT, DUMB idea to refinish my sisters cabinets.



By the last day of doing them (3 days), I felt so bad for my kids that I ended up taking them to Chuck E. Cheese and to the park afterwords. Even though they didn't mind being left alone and not having a mother nag at them, it was definitely time to get them out of the house.




This was our last night there and that was when we went and watched "The A-Team." The kids watched some Sponge Bob this trip and enjoyed it. This was their sitting area for watching T.V.


And, of course there were the random pictures that were also taken.

Jakai with his AWESOME pairs of shades. He would wear them all the time!



Kalena got bit by a mosquito on her forhead and had an allergic reaction to the stuff I was putting on it to stop it from itching.


Lavea'i fell asleep on the way to the movie with his dinner in his mouth, but do you think he stayed like this for the movie?...ABSOLUTELY NOT!


Aunty Shara had a big box of nerds and decided to give each of the kids a sugar high with their own little cup of them. Oh, how they all loved their Aunty Shara after that.


I just love the things that Jakai wears. He is such a ham!

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...