Monday, April 16, 2012

Lucky the Leprechaun

I usually don't do a DARN thing for St. Patrick's Day, but this year Kalena set out 3 traps to try and catch one. She put 2 outside and one on the kitchen table. As you can see in the picture, she left bits of gold wrappers from the candy and some dried pasta for "Lucky."



Lets just say that I bought some junior mints a couple nights before just for me to eat. I didn't get the chance to eat them. I wish I would have just set the junior mints out right before I went to bed because I didn't get much sleep. I kept dreaming/thinking "What if I don't get up in time to make it look like Lucky didn't come?" But I didn't set the mints out the night before because I was too worried about that small 2% chance that one of the kids just might wake up in the middle of the night and have no idea where they were and walk all over the mints and smash them into the carpet. Lucky also ended up writing a letter to Kalena.





I told them that Lucky left a trail of poop. The kids didn't want to come and look at that point because they were afraid they might step in the droppings. So, I came out with them and Lavea'i, the brave little soul that he is, decided to eat it and found out it was candy. Then Kalena asked me why I said it was poop. I just told her it looked like it, but that he must have dropped his candy cause his hand were full of the gold she had left for him. She later wrote a note to him saying:

1 comments:

erin said...

That is awesome!!! Miss you guys.

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...