Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy 4th, Lavea'i!

This kid makes me so frustrated and yet life would be so DULL without him. He definitely acts and talks like boys do. I tend to forget he is still so little because he speaks so well and knows way too much for his age. He knew his alphabet and there sounds from watching a Leap Frog video with Tula'i by the middle of September. He is now starting to put the sounds of the letters together to read words. When he doesn't get his way, he pouts and runs to his room or hides. Because he associates correction or just a bit of sternness with us being mad at him, when we try to get him to come out he won't until we reassure him several times we aren't mad at him. If I ask him to do more than one thing, he always asks me "Why do I have to do everything?" or he states "I ALWAYS have to do everything." But, he likes to help out on his own time and schedule. Poor guy gets lonely at home until Tula'i comes home from kindergarten. He loves to play the iPad and will drive us crazy by always asking to play it or if he gets to play again. He is always hard to get to bed at night and most nights will start off sleeping in his bed, but ends up in ours. Since Cliff and I are too lazy to take him back to his bed, one of us ends up going to his bed to sleep for the rest of the night. When he kisses, he puckers up like a fish...love it!!! Anyway, he is so fun and is such a talker!!!!


This year was kind of crazy on his birthday. The kids had school but as soon as the kids were out we were supposed to go to Trafalga (a place to play games and win prizes), but he ended up falling asleep and I didn't want to wake him up. So, Cliff finally took him out last night to make up for it. While he slept, I finished decorating his cake. After him waking up, we went to Chuck-o-rama for his dinner. Cliff's parents came with us. On the way home Cliff stopped off at the store to buy his gift, a Thor helmet. None were in the store so he bought him a play machine gun that lit up. He LOVED it! He got a Thor hammer from Grandma Bandmann that shoots out a "bulldet." Cliff's parents got him a police car that sounded like sirens.












The request for another Thor cake!

 Kalena always likes to read their cards to them. This one must have been entertaining.

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...