This morning I thought I would try and do things right. BUT, this is what happens instead...I decided to read our of the Book of Mormon Stories, sing a song (usually a primary song that the kids have learned at church), and say a prayer before heading out for the day to do some grocery shopping. We sit down on the couch and get ready to sing a song. Maika wanted to sing "Sunbeam." The song was chosen and we bagan to sing. Kalena wouldn't sing because she is too into her "colorling" that she did at church yesterday. So, Maika, Mommy and somewhat Tula'i sing the song.
Heaven help me that she won't even pay attention when we are reading (usually she is the only one that does). Maika is being good for once and actually listening to the story of King Lamoni's father. About half way through it, I mention to Kalena that she needs to listen and ask her what is going on. Of course, she has no clue of who or what we are even reading about. I just ignore it and finish with Maika.
Now that we are done with scriptures, it is time for prayer. Prayer is mostly a success when Dad is around to make sure they sit still, but when it is just Mom...no worries. So this is how it goes...
Mom: Let's say prayer.
Maika: No, I don't want to.
Mom: Ok, I will just say it then.
I say the prayer while Kalena is crying because she still has her picture and wants tape for it right then and I tell her no. After I finish the prayer;
Maika: I want to say the prayer.
Mom: I just said it.
Maika: No, I want to say it.
Mom: It is done.
Maika: just cries from here on out
So, now I have both of them crying while Tula'i is just doing his own thing as usual...being quiet. I don't mind them crying and just ignore it until Kalena starts druelling all over the floor and has snot just forcefully coming out of her nose. I get ticked off and tell them to get in their beds. This makes them cry even louder and once again they don't listen until I begin to spank Kalena on her rear. Maika sees that and makes a beeline straight for his room to his bed. Kalena gets up and goes to her room and slams the door. I get more upset and impatient with her and walk to the room with both of them sitting on the bed crying. I yell at them to get in bed. Maika finally listens and Kalena is just stubborn and cries, "I want my dad." "Too Bad," is my reponse to that and spank her once again. She still doesn't get into bed until I yell at her. When she starts to get into the bed...this is when I begin to calm down and realize how impatient I was and how all of this could have been resolved very easily if I wouldn't have been so stubborn myself. So, it is a lesson learned over and over again for myself not to be so stubborn and to remember they are just innocent little children entrusted to my care from my Heavenly Father. I did apologize over and over to them because I felt so bad for yelling and spanking Kalena when all I needed to do was get a small piece of tape for Kalena and let Maika say a little prayer.
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
4 comments:
So funny...that is exactly my house on a regular basis. I have to remind myself not to do the Lord's work in the devil's way.\"/ I have some anger management issues that I have to deal with.\"/
Yeah Maile...take a chill pill. You know I'm just kidding.
Oh...these are the days of our lives!!!!!
LOL I hear ya!!
Post a Comment