Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy 3rd!

Maika turned 3 last Friday. We didn't do much to celebrate this year. My mom came into town early for education week to celebrate with us. It was a busy, but good day. Since my mom didn't get into town later that evening we celebrated on Saturday, but I did let him open a couple of his gifts. But, he didn't care for the gifts as much as he did his rocketship card. It is amazing the things that kids really like and they don't even cost much money...for the most part.

We went to Chuckee Cheese on Saturday. I had a coupon for $10.00 off the family fun saver package, but forgot it at home along with my debit card. At least, I had my credit card. I feel like my mind has been lost this whole past week. Too many things I am trying to get done at once. I need to prioritize and then go from there. But, now I think we are in check. So, back to the birthday. The kids had a blast at Chuckee's and then we came home with Kahala and Kuili to have cake and ice cream. They played around for a while, before I had them come in and so he could blow out his candles. It was hardest getting Maika to come inside because he just wanted to keep jumping on the trampoline.

This year I made a Spiderman cake. I had to free hand it because I didn't want to run around to the store to get the cake stuff that would have made it easier. I say, I think I did a pretty good job.

I think Kalena was more excited than Maika, but I do have a picture that looks like Maika is just in AWE of the cake.

He got "Cars" for his birthday and that is the movie we watched for movie night. Then we got him some Cars jammies and underwear. I should have made a Cars cake, but didn't want to have to make all the different colors of frosting. He had fun and I am glad it was simple this year. I love my little boy. He is such a helper, but man can he be a stinker to his siblings. He is shy to those that he doesn't know and takes a while to warm up, but once he warms up he is such a good friend. I am glad he is mine.

2 comments:

Mel said...

You are quite the 'Ace of Cakes'. Happy Birthday Maika.

Nezhone said...

Good job on your cake Maile! How is it that I don't have any creativity? It seems like you and Cajsa took it all. Tell Mr. Maika happy birthday for me. When is Cliff home?

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...