Thursday, August 13, 2009

Out of site, but not out of mind!

Cliff is on his way down to Samoa to visit with his parents and decided to take Tula'i with him. Well, since he has been gone...Lavea'i turned 8 months, has cut a tooth, is talking more and getting really close to crawling. I wouldn't be suprised if he was crawling by the time he got back.

Maika will turn 3 tomorrow, but we won't celebrate until Saturday because Grandma is coming to town for his birthday. Kalena is on one about being good because Daddy said he would bring her home a necklace if she is good. She was for the first day he was gone and yesterday just was on some other kick of doing what she wanted. But, Tuesday night as we were driving home from my in-laws we had a conversation about being good because that night wasn't a great night for good behavior either. Her and Maika tend to pick on each other a little bit more because Tula'i isn't around to pick on. So, she had done something to make Maika scream. I began to scold both of them because I had it with the two of them. And this is how the conversation went after I cooled down a little:

Kalena: I'm being so good and Daddy is going to bring me my mecklace.
Mom: No, you aren't being good because you are making Maika scream and you haven't been listening to mom that much today.
Kalena: Daddy said if I'm good he will bring me a mecklace, so when we go home, I will be good when I go to sleep. Is that a deal?
Mom: That is a deal.

Thank goodness for deals. And that is exactly what she did. They both brushed their teeth and got into bed and fell right to sleep.

1 comments:

Nezhone said...

What a stud! Tell all the kiddies hello and give them hugs and kisses for me.

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...