Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Home Theatre

Last night was Family Home Evening (every 3rd Monday is activity night) and I had a brilliant idea to go to the dollar movie theatre that costs only $.50 on Monday nights. But, then there is all the treats that needs to be bought that costs way more than the movie itself. Besides, there weren't any movies playing that we either haven't already seen or that we could take the kids to see. So, my brilliant idea turned into an even more brilliant when I realized we could do a movie for FREE!

Before we went to the home theatre, I took the older 2 kids to do some service by cleaning our church building. Cliff and I were put in charge of our group to make sure it gets done. The whole bishopric was in our group so that was a for sure 3 families would show up besides us. I made cookies last night for everyone who came just to show a little appreciation for coming and taking time out of their schedule to give service. Anyway, on to the movie we went....

The kids were able to get into their pj's and already have their teeth brushed because it was already 8 p.m. (even though they were still going to eat some treats). I had Cliff pull out 3 camping chairs so they could all have the best seats in the house with drink holders and plent of room to move around. They were each given tickets to buy their own popcorn, fruit snacks, and soda from "Billy Bob" the concessions stand employee. It was a hit. They loved it! Believe it or not, the movie they watch was "Toy Story" because they have never seeen it. We borrowed it from my sister-in-law. They were so into the movie, they didn't eat any of their snacks until the movie ended. So, here is a picture of the set up after the movie was over.

3 comments:

flip flop mama said...

You're such a fun mom!!

Nezhone said...

You're going to have to write down all your FHE ideas and give them to me. They're good ideas. I would like to start some traditions too, but am not very creative.

Kim L. said...

I LOVE IT! I am stealing that one! I love the story about your poor baby's ankle. I would have done the SAME THING! It is hard to know what they are doing for attention, and what actually hurts.\"/

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...