I always hope to be able to teach my kids how important their siblings should be to them, especially Kalena because she is older and is beginning to comprehend a lot more than the boys. I never think that I am getting through to them...when do we ever think we get through to our children, really? Well, at times they do little things that make me realize that they are picking up on some good things instead of just the bad that I show. I rarely have Kalena go and play with anyone because she has Maika to play with and she is usually content with it. Which, to me, I am blessed that they play as well as they do together because she is a girl and always wants to do the girlie things. Maika, on the other hand, wants to play swords and shoot hoops. But, he will go along with Kalena and play with her anyway.
Last night, after visiting teaching, I came home and Cliff was folding all the laundry. The kids were already in there PJ's just waiting for brownies. I gave them brownies and brushed their teeth. After this, we said family prayer and usually either myself or Cliff will take them all to bed. Well, I did it last night. I gave them a ride on my legs while I was holding Maika. When we got to their doorways, they got off like usual. But, this is where it changed...Kalena and Maika gave each other a hug and a kiss and then Kalena tells Maika, "I miss you." Then Kalena gives Tula'i a hug and kiss and says, "I love you." That was an awe moment for me. It was a moment that allowed me to realize they are enjoying each other even though they bicker most of the time during the day. They do play with each other really well and I love that they love it.
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
2 comments:
Oh, how precious!
So cute. We also get occasional indications that despite all of the lousy times (arguing/disobedience) that we're doing something right. I love to see siblings show each other affection.
Post a Comment