Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh Gingerbread, Oh Gingerbread, how yummy is that candy?

One night we were walking through Costco looking for a storage ottoman and ended coming out with a gingerbread house for the kids to decorate. At least, that was the way it was supposed to be. I was very hesitant on getting it because I didn't really feel like decorating it or dealing with the mess. I put it off as long as possible with the excuse that Kalena had to feel better so she could stay up to do it. That lasted almost a good week.

We ended up decorating it this past Saturday. I was the Grinch during the whole thing, at least that is how Cliff put it. Tula'i ate the package of jelly beans except for about 8 that are on the roof. Maika ate quite a few of the little, round candies that are used on the tree and for the "lights" around the roof. Kalena was good and did 99% of the decorating with the candy. She didn't eat much at all...GOOD GIRL! I guess in the end it is all worth it if the kids had fun, even if it was fun eating the candy instead of decorating.

1 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

That house is AWESOME!

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...