On Friday, my friend in our ward asked if I could watch her 2 girls while she went to a meeting for work. She is an accountant and gets to work from home, but had to go in for a couple of hours. So, I did and it was no problem at all. In fact, it is kind of funny because every time they come over for a few minutes her 3 year old daughter, Lily, ends up resisting her so she can stay here and play. Erin always makes sure I am okay with it first, so she let her stay. Erin came to pick her girls up and Lily, like usual, didn't want to go home. I didn't mind her staying because they were outside playing and it got me outside as well to pull the weeds in my garden box. Erin came back over around 3:30p.m. and she still didn't want to go home. At this point, Erin and I were just talking and figured we would grill some hamburgers and hot dogs. This meant that Lily could stay longer and keep playing. Erin went home and grabbed her other daughter and came back over to hang out. I don't know if guilt was on her mind because Lily was over here the whole day, but Lily seriously is like one of the easiest kids to watch. She will stay outside and play with my kids ALL DAY LONG! And, this is exactly what the kids did. It has been very beautiful weather outside and I want to believe that spring is here, but has it really sprung? Cliff fired up his grill and let me tell you, the burgers tasted so good especially because it was about 7p.m. when we finally ate. After dinner and cleaning up, we got the kids dressed in their p.j.'s and laid blankets out on the living room floor to let them all crash while watching a movie so we could play "Settlers of Catan." Lily crashed but it didn't work so well with my kiddos. They all stayed awake for the first movie, but never budged from their spot on the floor. After the movie was done and never getting around to the game, the Graybill's left. I put another movie on for my children and ended up falling asleep with them about 10 minutes into the movie. It was a great day!
Where was Lavea'i in all of this. Trying to get the camera from me and happily saying "Cheese!"
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment