Every year when Easter comes around, Cliff always tells me that we don't need to do anything because the Easter Bunny and candy have nothing to do with the true meaning of it. And every year I tell him, at least an Easter egg hunt and just a little toy. And I mean a CHEAP toy. I don't like to make it a big celebration either, but just a little something.
So, this year, we were almost surprised by my sister, Cajsa, and her family coming to visit for a day or two to end their spring break. I was excited to see them and hang out. I love being around her family! My kids love their cousins, especially the boys. Maika loves to hang out with her son, Israel. They are best buds whenever we are together. Maika follows him everywhere attached at the hip. I think they were meant to be twins.
While Cliff, John and Wyatt went to the Priesthood session of General Conference, we dyed the Easter Eggs. 
Well, Cajsa and the kids did while I was making something else.
When the men got home, we rented "The Blindside" for Cajsa and John to watch. It is a FABULOUS movie for those of you who haven't watched it. Most of the kids fell asleep on the floor during the movie. I think Wyatt and Te'alani were the only kids awake at the end of the movie, but quickly fell asleep.
Sunday morning, the bunny hadn't come by the time the kids woke up. We did do an Easter egg hunt inside the house because we woke up to snow. 

It was over and done within 5 minutes. After the hunt, Cajsa and then had to leave due to a 10 hour drive. I wish they could have stayed longer, but it was good to see them for the little time that we were able.
Later on, I did give the kids their CHEAP coloring books...I mean only costing $.29. They love them and then I busted out the sidewalk chalk for them about a week later. Great that the Easter Bunny even came.
That night and the next day for Family Home Evening, I made sure that we discussed the true meaning of Easter. And that is, Jesus still lives. He is our Savior who made it possible so we could live again.
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment