Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sweet Dreams!

If my mom were to read this post, she would be laughing her head off because she had to deal with this same issue when I was a little girl. When I was little, I used to bite my nails ALL of the time. Anything my mom tried to get me to stop, it didn't help one bit. She tried the nasty tasting nail polish quite a bit, but it never worked. One evening, I went with her to a meeting about beauty and taking care of your fingernails. I listened intently to what the lady had to say and never bit them again after that meeting.

So, here I am trying to get Kalena to quit biting her nails. I go to cut them and most of them are already short. She tries to tell me that someone picked at her nails, but it wasn't her. We will see if I can get her to stop with this method. She loves having her fingernails painted, but I don't like to do it. I ended up making a deal with her. If she didn't bite her nails for a week, I would paint both her fingernails and toenails and possibly even paint a couple of flowers on them.

But she came up to me today and said "Mom, I didn't pick my nails today, can you put pailnolish on them?" I hesitantly told her no, and she kept trying and proceeded to put the sad face on. I kept telling her that I would do it this Saturday if she wouldn't pick her nails. She got a little upset and walked off. I figured she would come out in a little bit, but soon forgot about her until the boys came up to me and wanted to go outside. I quickly remembered her and called out for her, but there was no answer. Maika knew exactly where she was....

Under Tula'i's bed fast asleep!


1 comments:

Traci said...

LOL I love it when they put themselves to sleep throwing attitude!!

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...