There is SO MUCH to catch up on for the blog that I have decided to take some time and post about Halloween even though there are tons of other things on my to do list.
First of all, we missed all of the church Halloween parties because of the kids being sick with colds which ended in Leilani fighting croup. All of this while Cliff was out of town for work in Texas. So we didn't end up carving pumpkins until the Saturday before. Let me correct that, (a BIG, HUGE) I didn't end up carving the pumpkins until the Saturday before. My boys wouldn't get their hands dirty and clean the guts out, so they all had to use spoons to begin and then I had to finish the rest of the work. My father-in-law carved Tula'i's which saved me some time. But, I was completely done with doing this after the 3-4 hours of working on them. Needless to say, I still have 3 uncarved pumpkins sitting on my porch ready to be used for pumpkin roll.

On Halloween, we went to Cliff's office building and took the kids trick-or-treating. They got about 3/4 of a backpack full of candy. We ended up giving all of that away to our neighborhood kids along with the candy we bought and just let them keep the candy they got the night of trick-or-treating. It is kind of fun taking them now because they ALL "get it." The faster you go from house to house, the more candy you get. We covered half our neighborhood and they were done. Thank goodness it was such a beautiful night to trick-or-treat, not coats were necessary. I didn't get a single picture before we went out, so by the time we got back tot he house Kalena's and Lavea'i's hair was such a mess. Kalena wore her costume to school and played on the monkey bars at recess getting her nice white tights and dress greasy and dirty. Oh, well....as long as she had fun!
Their cousins came over for a little bit to say hi to the grandparents and so I snapped a picture of all of them.
Auntie Traci had a purple/pink wig and we put it on Leilani. Kalena had to try it on and this is what it looked like.
While I took the kids out, Cliff stayed home and tried to get dinner ready. It didn't really work out because Leilani wanted to be held constantly...not a surprise! She is such a stinker and always wants to have attention or be held ALL THE TIME!
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment