Thursday, November 3, 2011

SURPRISE!!!!

No, I am NOT pregnant!

A couple of weeks ago went took off on a little trip to Denver to visit with my sisters, Nezhone & Shara. But, the main reason for the trip was to surprise my mom for her birthday. The surprise was ruined by myself. REALLY?!! Out of ALL the people to ruin the surprise, it had to be myself calling to ask if they needed some tomatoes from my garden. When my mom asked how I was going to get them there, I immediately replied "With my car." Instead of covering up the slip, I just hit myself on the head and said, "Shoot, I am SO stupid. I just ruined the surprise." Yeah, so that was it.

Well, we ventured off around 5:30p.m., hitting the rush hour vacation traffic for the weekend. Lavea'i was talking up a storm and was having Cliff spell a bunch of words. Before Cliff would even finish spelling one word he would be asking the next. One of the things that made us bust up was him asking, "How do you spell...gwandma?" Cliff answers and as soon as he is done, Lavea'i asks, "How do you spell two gwandmas?"

We were going to drive the 8 hour trip in one shot, but around 9:30 p.m. we were both extremely tired. We decided to stop in Grand Junction, CO and leave early the next morning. The hotel wasn't very comfortable because it becomes real crowded. I ended up on the floor with some extra pillows and a chair cushion, so Leilani could sleep better. She was on the floor to begin with, but in the middle of the night we swapped spots. Looked pretty comfy for her, but not really for myself.



The weekend was filled with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do!!!! The P.E.R.F.E.C.T weekend! I really enjoyed not having to worry about my calling in church, the house being clean, or cooking. We ate candy, played games, and talked. Thanks to my mother and sisters for introducing us to sucanat.

The kids had a blast playing with their cousins. That was ALL they did! They would play so hard that they would sit down for a minute and be knocked out for a couple of hours.



One of Leilani's favorite spots because she knows she is going to eat. She is always sticking out her tongue or shoving her fist in her mouth to gnaw on.


Mom's birthday was on a Sunday, the day we decided to leave, so we decided to celebrate it on Saturday. We took her out for brunch at Egg and I. We played Settlers of Catan (her favorite game) and we even got my sisters to play (they DESPISE the game). Then later that night we got her an ice cream cake from Cold Stone and the kids gave her the gifts they got for her (a whole lot of glow sticks, lotion, chapstick, shower gel, socks, and a toy motorcycle).





My mom was such a good sport about it and loved playing with the kids and the glow sticks. Cliff got the picture of the gang celebrating her 69th birthday. Her health is amazing for a 69 year old. She doesn't even look that old. I love my mother and the fact that she is the grandma that I never had.

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...