This year the annual trip wasn't just my sisters and I, it consisted of our families minus Cliff. My sister, Nezhone, sold her house in Arvada to move to Montrose to be with her husband. She quit her job and they will be moving this week. So before she moved, we had to make one last trip to the house and to the thrift stores for some school clothes shopping. I spent around $100 and came home with a load of jeans for the boys, shirts for the boys and Kalena, and some nice shorts for Kalena. I also bought me a couple of things.
Along with the shopping, we always go and watch a movie because of my lovely sister, Shara, who works at the movie theatre there. I was about ready to head into Madagascar 3, but changed my mind last second because all the kids wanted to be with their cousins watching Spiderman.
Then Shara took the kids to a water park while I had to make my stop over at the Penzey's spice store. If you have never tried their spices, you must! We don't have one in Utah, so I either order online or just go and stock up when I am in Denver. They have all the spices out in a sample jar so you can smell them. I could spend hours in there and lots of money if I had it, but I have to stick with a budget.
It was a crazy, but good time being with my sisters and Mom. I will now have to make the trip to stay with Shara because she will still be there by herself living the single life. But, now I can stop and split the trip into two and visit Nezhone in Montrose and stay a few days, then head off to Denver. How nice will that be instead of having to drive the whole thing in one day with 5 little kids that need to go to the bathroom ALL OF THE TIME!!!
We even took the kids to a park and that is when I decided to try Instagram on my phone instead of having to edit the photos on the computer. I was pleased with the results, but it killed my battery pretty quickly.
Leilani was just happy to be down on the ground crawling around. It was in Denver that she learned how to stand on her own without having to pull herself up from holding on to anything.
Aunty Shara and cousin, Talia with Lavea'i riding on the bumblebee. They all love their Aunty Shara cause she always does fun things with them.
Their cousin Jakai. He was so sad to see them leave. His poor little heart was broken when we left and I don't know how long he cried.
Nezhone and her newest edition, Aidrick. He is such a good baby! Rarely cries...only when he is hungry.
My Mom who was writing her plans for her funeral so there wouldn't be any arguments as to what should go on and who would be doing what. Kalena asked me on the way home, "Is Grandma going to die?" I asked her why she was asking, but little did I know that she was listening to Grandma talk to Nezhone and I about the arrangements.
There she is...STANDING ALL BY HERSELF!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment