
Cliff was only going in for a arthroscopic surgery, but ended up coming out with a little more done than expected. His shoulder has been hurting him for a few years now and was getting to the point that he couldn't sleep much at night because it hurt so bad. So, come to find out that they had to shave some of the clavicle because there was bone on bone...which if that was all they had done he would be going strong right now. But, when they were in doing the surgery, the surgeon found more that needed to be done. His biceps tendon had to be cut and reattached. This means that he still cannot use his arm for another 3 1/2 weeks. It is his right arm too. He is still in pain and has to take pain meds every night before bed, but it is getting better a little each day. But before they wheeled him out for surgery, we took a picture so that the kids could see Dad in all his glory. The face he made was for the kids so they would laugh. I don't think I have shown it too them yet either. After surgery wasn't so funny though. I didn't like seeing him come out of the anesthesia. He was in pain, couldn't really talk and just not himself. They said he tried getting off of the bed by himself. I can only imagine a small nurse trying to hold this 275 lb. guy down so that he wouldn't fall on his face. Then, of course, we don't get out of the surgery unit until 10:30 p.m. because he was the last one scheduled for the day and I have all his medications that need to be filled so that he can sleep through the night and not feel any pain. So, needless to say, it wasn't easy getting to a 24 hour pharmacy. I ended up getting to bed that night around 3:30 a.m. and waking up at 7:30 a.m. to Leilani talking gibberish. What a fun time! But, at least he won't be in pain once it is healed, at least we hope.
0 comments:
Post a Comment