Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Run Ever!

Kalena brought a paper home to enter a mile run at BYU. She kept talking it up and so I decided to enter her into it. My goal for her was to just run the whole thing. I didn't care how fast she did it seeing how this was her 1ST RUN EVER!


Kalena before the race, all happy and anxious for it to start. How long will it last? I say it lasted...

Get Ready, Get Set, ...

And off she is about 1/3 of the way through...still smiling...

This is her cheering squad at end of the race. He time ended up being almost 14 minutes if I remember correctly.

I couldn't even get a picture of her at the end because it was SO crowded. She had to walk a few times, BUT she finished!!!! I was happy for her. She was a bit sad because she didn't win or even come close to winning. I told her that I was proud of her for even doing it when she has never ran a mile race in her life. What an accomplishment for her!

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...