Tuesday, January 6, 2009

All by Myself...

Monday was the first official day for me to be alone with the kids all day after having Lavea'i. It wasn't too bad until Kalena decided to throw a tantrum and mouth off to me. Amazingly, I didn't lose it, instead I just added minutes on to her time out, so she ended up being in timeout for 6 minutes. That is a very long time for a 3year old. Of course, once she is sent to time out she would rather do what I had asked her and continues to throw a fit because she doesn't want to be in time out. Once she had calmed down and finished time out, she knocked out on the floor with a blanket and pillow for a good 3 hour nap. In the midst of disciplining Kalena, Maika decided he didn't want to clean up the toys either and so I sent him to bed. Tula'i and Lavea'i were already asleep. So, by the time Kalena fell asleep and I went to check in on Maika, he was asleep. Man, all four kids down at the same time and here I am ready for a nap as well. I go to lay down and as soon as I lay down, Tula'i wakes up screaming! He was on our bed with me, so no nap for me.

Other than this, the days are not so bad. I just need to make sure my kids are dressed and fed before Lavea'i wakes up in the morning ready to be taken care of. If they are ready to go, then I am good. If not, I am in deep....trouble.

2 comments:

Nezhone said...

Why are you home with the kids alone? Is Cliff out of town?

Kim L. said...

WOW,you get the kids dressed? And before the baby wakes up? You are doing good!!!! My philosophy has become...if you can't get dressed yourself, you don't get dressed at all. No, but luckily my older 2 can do it themselves, and I sometimes have them dress #3 while I get baby fed and dressed. It is amazing what the older ones are capable of now that makes life doable...stuff none of us would have known they could do if necessity didn't require it.

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...