Tuesday, August 9, 2011

$2 Buck Tuesdays

I am actually quite sad that summer is coming to an end and that the school year is beginning in a couple of weeks. I can't believe two of my kids will be in school. Kalena is SO EXCITED to be going ALL DAY! She is ecstatic about eating lunch at school and playing on the BIG playground. Maika doesn't show any emotion either way. I don't think he really cares. He probably thinks I am making a big deal out of nothing.

Well, here in Utah, I think we take for granted of some of the things we have around here and don't realize how major an attraction it is until you go. Realization sinks in when you see how many people come from out of state to see the beautiful things around here. Well, one of those things is the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. It is a major attraction with a lot of exhibits and fun things for the kids to do.

My cousin, Emily, called me up a week and ago and we planned on taking the kids since it was only $2 bucks a person (kids 2 years and under=free). Packed as it was (because all the Mother's in Utah County had the same idea), the kids had a GREAT time! I hesitate some times taking the kids out to places because sometimes my kids like to take off and then I can't find them...Sound Familiar? Well, they did really well today and they stayed close by me and if they went off the beaten path, they flocked together at least, but didn't go too far away to where I couldn't see them. It was an enjoyable time for myself as well.

So, here are some pictures of our excursion today. Probably one of the last before school begins.




The closest you will see these two be without hitting or fighting.



The picture of the huge shark before ending the trip in a big sand area covering dinosaur bones waiting to be discovered (no pictures of this event).


And you ask, where is Leilani in all of this?

CHILLIN!

All in all, it was a good activity and got us out of the house for 3 hours. Indoors, out of the hot sun! Can't ask for a better day spent with the kiddos.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You are so good! You even blogged about it quickly. I am very bad at blogging on time. Your kids were VERY good. You are better with your 5 then I am with my 2. It was fun and I'm glad we went.

Emily said...

Hey, can I ask for you to email me the photos you got of us on our day to the museum, if you still have them? my email is emylovinlife@yahoo.com

thanks hon.

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...