Well, Cliff has been gone since Thursday morning. I told him that one of the brothers here needed to be with their brother over in Hawaii for the funeral of his best friend. Cliff was the lucky winner because of our Delta skymiles. I actually pushed him to get out of here without me. He has been busy with funeral stuff and so it hasn't been a real relaxing and just hang out at the beach trip. His brother, Joe, and the family are holding up well. Same with Les' family. My heart goes out to all of them.
But, this time around having to be with the kids hasn't been too bad. I decided to take Maika off from his pacifier while Dad wasn't here to shove it back in his mouth to just make him quiet. It was a rough first day without it yesterday, but we got through it after him kicking the floor, running out the front door, and rolling around screaming "I want to go nigh, night" for 45minutes before finally settling down to take his nap. Then at night I decided to go watch "Mamma Mia" with my friend, Valerie. (By the way, that movie is hillarious...LOVED IT) It didn't take as long for him to settle down because I pinched his cheek real hard and told him if he woke his brother up from his peaceful sleep that he would get it again. After that, I felt a little bad, but he quieted down so I could leave and Lela didn't have to give his pacifier to him. I think after today, or at least hope, that it will be a cake walk and it won't take him 45 minutes to realize that he isn't going to get it. Aside from this, the kids have been pretty darn good. I get a little irritated with them at night, but not near as much as I did last time he was gone. I had them in bed by 9p.m. the first night and a little after 9 last night.
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment