Well, this hasn't been the best week so far. I am tired, but on top of that we are dealing with insurance, hospitals and authorizations that I found out I don't need to have. In the mean time, Tula'i is the one suffering and had to go back to the pediatrician to get put on an antibiotic. So, here is the run down of the picture and his infected cyst. We went in for his 1 year check up and the pediatrician caught a white spot just below his neck that has been there ever since he was born. She felt it and there was a hard lump underneath and tells me that it is a cyst...not cancerous, but it can get infected. So, she refers me up to childrens primary hospital and they tell me that I need an authorization from my insurance to before we are allowed to have a consultation done. I go ahead and schedule an appointment for the 9th of Sept. They call me the day before letting me know that they haven't received an authorization. So I tell them that I got one in the mail, but it doesn't have the specific doctor on the authorization for him to be seen. We cancel the appointment and I call the pediatrician to tell them I need the doctor's name faxed to my insurance to get the approval. In the mean time, his cyst is a little pink around it. Friday comes around and the cyst has become infected, huge and red. I call my insurance at 4:30 P.M. only to find out we don't need an authorization to be seen for a consultation, only if they are going to do surgery. By this time the weekend has arrived, offices are closed and I don't want to pay an emergency room bill if I don't have too. So, I asked Cliff to please give him a blessing just so that I know nothing will happen until we can get in to the doctor. Here we are on a Wednesday, a week later from the first scheduled appointment finally getting in today for a consultation. Since, we have had to pay for an antibiotic and another pedicatric visit to get the antibiotic with a lady up at primary childrens who almost still wouldn't schedule an appointment for me because according to them, we have to have an authorization.
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
2 comments:
Holy cow, I'd be ready to scream right about now if that were me! Wow! Don't you just love insurance, it makes you wonder sometimes why we even bother having it!!!
I'm sorry that you have to go through this!! Primary Children's office is the very worst! I had to deal with authorizations with Maddie and it was not fun! Good luck!
Post a Comment