Thursday, September 18, 2008

NO Place like home

So, we went to the doctor yesterday and ended up being admitted to the hospital to drain the puss out of his cyst. The doctor couldn't perform surgery with it all infected and full of puss. We waited in the hospital until midnight to finally get him in the O.R. and didn't get back to our room until 1:15 in the morning. My poor little guy didn't have anything to eat for 10 hours before his surgery and then the whole night didn't get anything to eat or drink, just an I.V. Needless to say, he was starving this morning when he woke up and downed 3 little cups of the apple juice in no time. He even had a thing of banana baby food that usually he wouldn't eat. We were discharged around 11 a.m. and as soon as we got home he ate like a pig...8 ritz crackers and almost 2 full adult pieces of pizza. He is doing well with a drain still in his cyst and so the saga will continue until we get the darn thing taken completely out of him. Hope that will be soon. Tula'i is excited to be home and so am I. Like they say on "Wizard of Oz," "There's no place like home!"

1 comments:

Kim L. said...

OH, THAT POOR KID...AND Poor MOM! I have yet to have a hospital/emergency type situation with a child. I FEAR IT! I don't think I could handle having to starve my child or send him off into a Dr's care w/o them understanding what's going on... and wondering why you are letting this happen. My heart goes out to you guys. good luck getting it all taken care of.

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...