Monday, February 15, 2010

Project #1

This summer I have a few projects cut out for myself. I am quite tired of the one color of paint throughout the whole entire house that I have decided to start putting in some color for accent walls. I am going to begin with my living room. This will be project #3.

Project #2 has been started. I have wanted for some time now to put our armoire into our bedroom with a TV so that I can peacefully watch it in bed instead of the living room. The bottom half of armoire is being used though for a entertainment stand at the moment. We have looked at other entertainment stands and I just don't want to spend the money on one. So, I have taken an idea from my sister-in-law and bought an old dresser at a second hand store for $30 and will take out the top 2 drawers and put shelves in them to accommodate the receiver, Tivo box, Apple TV and DVD player. I am currently sanding the whole dresser and going to refinish it the way I would like it to look. I hope it turns out well. Once I finish it, I can put our armoire and older TV into our room. Then I can also move on to project #3.

Now, project #1 was to hang our family picture that we had taken in September. I was finally able to complete it. I love the way it turned out. I even got extra picture frames so I wouldn't have to buy new ones when we have more children to add. I was able to matte the big family picture by myself, which saved us a lot of money!!!! So, here is how it turned out.

5 comments:

flip flop mama said...

So cute! You did a great job!

Janelle Anderson said...

I LOVE your family photos! Nice work! I also love your motivation...way to lay out a plan! I have a few "to-dos" too and I really need to get going on them. :)

Oh, YOU LOOK AWESOME! So beautiful! Your daughter is going to be trouble too...she's a cutie. Okay, so are your boys! You're going to be busy trying to keep track of them in there teenage years! :)

Kim L. said...

LOVE IT!

Traci said...

I love the way it turned out, it is way cute!!

Cajsa said...

Good for you! I have only got my boards cut for my TV console. I was going to do the dresser thing as well, but there isn't much around this area for great deals. So I went to my new favorite blog knock off wood and am building my own Pottery Barn knock off. Strep got the best of me this week so all my projects were put on hold.That also stinks because it was actually nice and sunny this week too. Life is full of ironies.

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...