Wednesday, November 17, 2010

All About Halloween

Here is to Halloween this year. Of course, we did our annual pumpkin painting. Kalena wanted to carve, but I was not in the mood. And, Cliff does not do that kind of stuff.





In Utah, we celebrated on Saturday instead of Sunday. How nice was that?...REALLY NICE, except the weather was really cold and it rained some. I tried talking the kids out of going trick-or-treating because while we were at the grocery store getting a couple of things for dinner, it was pouring and I didn't want the kids to get sick or actually have to go out in the cold rain. So, I rented a movie thinking that would do the trick. By the time we arrived home, the rain had stopped. I told the oldest 3 that we would go out for a short bit. I had planned on leaving Lavea'i home, but while I was taking him out of the van out come these cute little words from his mouth "Mom, I tick-or-tweet." I couldn't deny this cute little boy. The previous day at Cliff's work they did decorations and trick-or-treating for the families. It was set up cool with every different department decorating for their theme. That is why the picture of the candy in a toilet bowl. It was a bunch of rednecks with an outhouse full of candy. I didn't think Lavea'i would do so well, but we got him in his bee costume and off we went with the 3 boys. He got the hang of it pretty darn fast. In fact, if there wasn't anyone passing the candy out from the bowl, he would just keep grabbing until I realized and told him to stop.



Back to the night, after going around the block, the boys were done! Thank Heaven! I didn't want to stay out any longer, but then Kalena still wanted to go. Off we went, her, myself and Lavea'i. I decided I would stay out as long as she wanted. Thank goodness that wasn't much longer...about 10 more houses and we returned home for an early night. Cliff was getting tired of passing out the candy, so by 8p.m. the last group of trick-or-treaters got a Cliff's HUGE handful of candy. He turned the lights off and we were done with that part of it.



After the kids ate, jammies were put on and onto the couches we went to watch "How to Train Your Dragon." Soon after, it was bed time!!!

0 comments:

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...