Monday, November 30, 2009

Basement Cleaning?

Just to preface...I have given Cliff 2 chores to do since Lela has been back in Samoa. They are to clean the basement and dusting. I absolutely despise dusting! I would rather clean toilets than dust. So on with the story, Cliff decided on Wednesday night to go and do his chore of cleaning the basement because he can no longer stand the chalk being all over the concrete floors. Actually, he can't handle the kids coming up after they have been down their and putting chalk prints all over his clothes. I just figure I will wash their clothes and no big deal. It is quite funny because he didn't even like Lavea'i going down because "He is going to get all dirty." I just laugh and say "That is okay if he gets dirty."

Well, he gets all the toys cleaned up with the kids help and then decides that he is going to sweep up all the chalk off of the concrete. Needless to say, within an few minutes he came back upstairs saying that he wasn't going to be able to get it off. He tried to throw all the chalk away, but he missed a few pieces. The next time we went down there Kalena started drawing a hopscotch.

Beyond this cleaning up of chalk, we had a big cardboard box that was already broken down that I would set up as a tunnel for the kids, but once they knocked it down that was it because I wasn't about ready to keep going up and down the stairs to keep fixing it. Cliff decided to make a house out of it and th kids ate it up. He cut shapes in the top of it. A star for Tula'i, diamond for Kalena, and triangle for Maika. Later that night, Kalena made me cut windows in the side of the house. It is still in decent shape and hopefully it will stay that way for a little longer.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maile!!! It's always fun to see who's reading our blog and now I can check out yours which is so cute! You children are adorable! Hope you and your family are doing well! :-D

Mona Maile said...

How fun. Cliff is so creative!

The Last of the Baptisms: Tunoa

I am amazed at how beautiful this day turned out! Tunoa has not been excited to be baptized at all until he had his interview with the Bisho...