I never get gung ho about costumes. And once again, I didn't this year either. I have been blessed with a few costumes from my sister and sis-in-law. I just keep recycling them through the kids until they have all grown out of them and will no longer be able to use them. I didn't take many pictures this year, but it was fun to take them out. Both, Maika and Kelena were ecstatic about putting the costumes on and going trick-or-treating. Cliff and I could barely get Tula'i to wear the pumpkin, so that is why he isn't as decked out. Once we got it on, he was okay with it.
Friday night we had a ward party with trunk-or-treating afterward. That was fun and quick. Then we went and took the kids to go and watch "Astro Boy." The kids really enjoyed it. The movie theatre was empty. There were 5 other people in there besides us. I was able to let Lavea'i down to play and not have to worry about him being too loud. what a relief! That was our movie night for this week. Not only was it nice to go out as a family, but it was also nice sleeping in our beds for the first time in a while on movie night.
Saturday, Cliff went and played airsoft with a group of guys. We just stayed home until trick-or-treating time came around. I took the kids out again while Cliff stayed home with Lavea'i and passed out the candy. Kalena has found out this year that the faster she moves the more candy she will get. So, she wanted to run from house to house, but the boys were lagging behind. I ended up taking the boys home and took Kalena out for some more, but it didn't last too long. After knocking on 2 more doors she was done. In fact, she told me..."You can do it for me (handing me her bucket) and I will go home." Then she started walking off and that was the end of the night for us outside. We got home and the boys were already eating their candy and Kalena started to tear into hers. So, me being the mean mom...took it away and gave them a bath. Then, off to bed they went!
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
1 comments:
I haven't been able to keep up with your blog, but these pictures are so cute! They are so darling. I'm excited to see you tonight. I haven't had much time to think about it since work has been so crazy this week, but I guess I'll see you in a few hours.
Post a Comment