This weekend I flew to Denver. Cliff surprised me with a ticket and so off I went with Lavea'i. Just the two of us! It was a quick trip, but enjoyable. Friday morning before I flew out, Kalena started running a fever and so I dosed her with some tylenol (no motrin on hand...that is a first for me). But, she seemed to be okay after it kicked. On our way to the airport, I told Cliff to go by Walgreens and get some Motrin because you can go through the drive-thru and not get out. He forgot to do it and didn't realize we still had tylenol on hand so her fever spiked again. But, thanks to our sis-in-law, Traci, she sent some chewable motrin over with Jethro and then Jethro, Jr and Cliff gave her a blessing. She was able to sleep through the night. Being away from my little girl didn't help me any. I kept calling him and texting to make sure she was okay. He kept reassuring me she was fine and to just have a good time. Motherly instincts just don't allow you not to worry about your child when they are sick.
Meanwhile in Denver, Lavea't wouldn't go to anyone at all and had to have me hold him constantly. My nephew, Jakai, always wanted to hold his hand or hug him...bear hug him, and Lavea'i kept pushing him away. He didn't like it at all, but it sure was cute to watch Jakai want to love him and help out all of the time. Shara picked me up from the airport and we went to Nezhone's Relief Society meeting of "Fabulous Friday" where they did a bunch of projects. Nezhone did a Christmas countdown with blocks, a couple of fleece beanies, and some decorative vinegar bottles. I helped a little with her countdown when we got there. Shara ended up taking Lavea'i home, but I guessed he cried the whole way home and didn't stop until I got to the house and took him away from her.
Lavea'i wouldn't go to sleep without me. While Nezhone, Josh (her husband) and I were sitting on the couch talking he finally fell asleep and stayed asleep for the rest of the night. It got quite goofy because we were laughing about the dumbest things...especially since it was past 1 a.m. when we finally all ajourned to our beds for the night. Lavea'i woke up at 6 a.m. and so I was hanging for a while. I called Cliff around 9 a.m. and he told me that Kalena had thrown up and that Tula'i was now running a fever. GREAT, Just GREAT!! Here I am in Colorado, hoping that everything is okay at home only to find out not only is one child sick but now 2 out of 3. What is a Mom supposed to do? Cliff reassured me that everything was okay with the kids and to just have fun with my sisters. He wasn't sure if the house would be in order when I got home, but if the kids were okay then that is all I needed to worry about.
So, after going out to lunch and going to a second hand store for clothes (it is a must stop by store if I am ever in Denver to get the kids clothes), watching some movies on TV, and having sopapia's (Thanks to Josh....YUMMY, so YUMMY) we retired for the evening because church was early Sunday.
Spent $80 bucks and got about 10 pair of jeans, about 12 shirts, a pair of boots, a pair of shoes, and a coat. That was for the kids and I also got myself a couple of shirts, a button down sweater, and a skirt. Can't beat that...and they are nice clothes. Some of them not worn!
And, I did talk to Cliff one last time a while before going to bed to say goodnight to the kiddos.
Sunday morning came way too soon, especially when I am sleeping with my little guy who has to be right next to me even when I am already about to fall off the bed. But, in Nezhone's ward the primary did sacrament meeting. It was an excellent program. They kept it with in the time alloted and all the kids had their parts memorized. The children also sang all the songs well. Ours is this coming Sunday. It will be interesting to see how well the kids do. Anyway, I was able to get a nap in and dinner right before we left. I had a fun time and enjoyed my time. Wether or not it was truly relaxing, I will leave that up to you to decide? But, now I am at home with my sick kiddos...yeap ALL 4 ARE SICK!!! Good times!!
Jesus Said Love Everyone
6 years ago
1 comments:
Maile glad to hear you are home safe! Sounds like you got a steal of a deal shopping that is so awesome! Hope you have a very happy birthday despite the sick kids!!
Post a Comment